Monday, March 1, 2010

Infertility Support Group

I'm so excited I can't stand it. My church is starting a new small group...an infertility support group! I know, this might be an odd thing to get excited about. Actually, the group is open to anyone in the community, but it is being peer led by a grief counselor and member of my church. The first meeting is next weekend, and I spent about an hour on the phone with the group leader last week. I'm really looking forward to this new resource!


I have to say, my church has really been a source of strenght and comfort during this time. I'm finding myself more and more confident that we are in the right place physically (the actual church) and heading in the right place spiritually.

My church is wonderful...aside from one thing. The children. They are everywhere. They are beautiful. They are energentic. They bring life to the church. But, they are a reminder.

For example, consider the weekly baptisims. Don't get me wrong, the baptisms are beautiful. However, they can be difficult...especially when we all sing "Jesus Loves Me" as the pastors walk the babies down the aisle. Yes, I will love this tradition when it is my turn, but it can be hard to fight back the tears when I wonder if I'm even in line yet. Sometimes I'm fine, and sometimes it hits me like a brick. I won't go into detail about the time when I actually had to excuse myself to go bawl in the bathroom. This was a year or so ago. I think I'm in a better place now...most days, anyway.

But, I will take the pain with the healing. My church and my faith have been much more a source of healing through this process, and for that I am very thankful.

Image: parentsforever.ca

2 comments:

  1. I hope you find much support in this new group.

    I look forward to following you through IVF. Since you are one week ahead of me you can fill me in on what to expect!! I am doing IVF at SIRM-STL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found a support group and have others to share this journey with.

    I just found your blog through Jessica's blog. I too am going through IVF at SIRM-STL. I wish you lot's of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Live Today