Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hoping for a Few Good (Friday) Eggs

I just received a phone call from my nurse. Friday is the big day! (Well, one of the big days.) We'll be doing our egg retrieval (ER) at about noon!

Tonight, I have to do my "trigger" shot at 2:00 AM. This is a precisely timed event as the medication will help my eggs to go through their final maturation stage in preparation for the great harvest. :)

Well, let's be real, we're not expecting a huge harvest, but my nurse says I have at least 4 mature eggs today! I'll take a doubling from yesterday. (Plus, this dosen't count for 1 or 2 that might be "over ripe" and a few that might just make a last minute dash.)

I'm still predicting 6. That has always been a good number for me. :) Plus, it only takes that speical one! (Which, I happen to think is represented by the purple and/or blue lines on my graph below...maybe too early to get attached, I know.)


And, yes. I am a dork. This I know.

I'm very excited, and very thankful, to have made it to this stage in the game. I know this is one of the major hurdles that must be crossed.

I also know that there are a few more to go...

But, for Friday, after much TLC and nurturing, here is what we're hoping to see!


Image - http://www.advancedfertility.com/images/oocyte.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! Good luck with the trigger tonight and enjoy your day of no injections tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trigger time...wooooohooo!!!! I am praying for 6 beautifully mature eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo-hoo!!! That's wonderful you've got retrieval on Friday, then you can spend the weekend getting lots of rest & relaxation! Praying everything goes smoothly & you get several healthy eggs:)

    ReplyDelete

Live Today