I watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution last night. I loved it! I had heard of him before, but I'm definitely a huge fan now...he can cook for me any time! :) Maybe I liked it so much because I totally buy what he's selling. I think what we eat is SO important. So much so, that in hopes of growing the best eggies possible, I've been a cooking feign lately. Actually, eating well...whole grains, organic (when possible), fruits, vegetables, chicken, fish, etc...has been a major goal of mine for over a year now. I've even considered (am still considering) a second career in nutrition, but that's a long story and post for another day.
Anyway, here are some highlights from the week.
1. Whole-Grain Breakfast Burritos
1. Whole-Grain Breakfast Burritos
Organic eggs w/ spinach, chives (from my Chicago garden already, can you believe it?), tomatoes (not from my garden), and feta.
2. Ellie Krieger's "Lemon Chicken Soup with Orzo"...Mmmmm.
I definitely recommend this one from her "The Food You Crave" cookbook. According to the Hubs, it tastes much better than it looks. :)

3. Roasted Red-Pepper Hummus
Before...
...and after.
4. Brown Rice Chicken Salad
5. Reduced Sugar Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts
I'm sure that the oatmeal, walnuts, dark chocolate, and cinnamon completely make up for the "other" cookie ingredients. Oh, and there is whole wheat flour in there, too. So chalk these up as health food! :)



Yum-O, all of that looks fantastic! I also watched Jamie's food revolution & was shocked at how awful some families eat...I thought it was horribly sad all those children weren't able to identify simple vegetables. I also love to cook & definitely agree I think it has a huge impact on our health!
ReplyDeleteYOU can cook for me anytime, forget Jaime Oliver!
ReplyDelete