Well, the honeymoon period might just be over. I officially had my first "crazy" moment last night. And really, all I can do is laugh.
We started the "stim" phase of the cycle this week. As of Tuesday, my ovaries are being kicked into overdrive. I swear I can literally feel this stuff pumping through my veins.
Especially at night, or should I say, especially at 1:00 AM in the morning.
After almost two hours of laying awake in bed with my mind and body racing, I decided that I could not sleep.
We started the "stim" phase of the cycle this week. As of Tuesday, my ovaries are being kicked into overdrive. I swear I can literally feel this stuff pumping through my veins.
Especially at night, or should I say, especially at 1:00 AM in the morning.
After almost two hours of laying awake in bed with my mind and body racing, I decided that I could not sleep.
Why not?
Not because of the 225 IU of medication raging through my body. Not because my mind was bouncing from thought to thought like a ping-pong ball. Not because I could actually feeling my ovaries growing.
Nope, I decided that the real reason I couldn't sleep was because the Hubs was snoring.
Well, ok, he was breathing really loud.
Ok, he was...breathing.
So, I decided that the only logical step was to go and sleep in the guest bedroom. After flipping on all the lights and announcing my dilemma, I proceeded to the guest bedroom only to discover there are no sheets on the bed.
Apparently, I might have expressed my frustrations out loud.
How do I know this? Well, I know this because the Hubs wakes up and comes in to help me make the bed...at 1:00 AM in the morning...even though I am being completely irrational.
He suggests that maybe I've just got too much on my mind. I calmly (or, not so calmly...the details are fuzzy) explain that until he has ridiculous quantities of injectibles pulsing through his body, he is welcome to withhold judgment. :)
He tucked me in and went back to bed. Such patience.
Well, ok, he was breathing really loud.
Ok, he was...breathing.
So, I decided that the only logical step was to go and sleep in the guest bedroom. After flipping on all the lights and announcing my dilemma, I proceeded to the guest bedroom only to discover there are no sheets on the bed.
Apparently, I might have expressed my frustrations out loud.
How do I know this? Well, I know this because the Hubs wakes up and comes in to help me make the bed...at 1:00 AM in the morning...even though I am being completely irrational.
He suggests that maybe I've just got too much on my mind. I calmly (or, not so calmly...the details are fuzzy) explain that until he has ridiculous quantities of injectibles pulsing through his body, he is welcome to withhold judgment. :)
He tucked me in and went back to bed. Such patience.
I do remember having a dream, so I must have gotten at least an hour of two of sleep.
This morning, I packed two home-made cookies (Grandma's recipe) in his lunch as a peace offering.
We'll hope for a more restful night tonight.
This morning, I packed two home-made cookies (Grandma's recipe) in his lunch as a peace offering.
We'll hope for a more restful night tonight.
The culprit: 225 IU of Follistim
Just a quick note to say that I have since been sleeping much better. We'll hope it lasts! Thanks for all the encouraging words. :)



What a sweet hubby!! It sounds like the Follistim is workin' it's magic. I hope you start sleeping better!
ReplyDeleteOh boy! My husband is in for a rude awakening.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, tonight will be better! Sweet Dreams!
Thanks, ladies. I'm hoping I'll be so tired from last night that I'll just pass out. If this is the worst of it, then I really can't complain. :)
ReplyDeleteJust hoping to be able to keep a light-hearted perspective on these meds and the joys they bring. So far, so good...
Oh no...hope tonight is much easier on the both of you:)
ReplyDeleteHolli, I love you! You're just the best. :-) You crack me up. I thoroughly enjoyed this post, but I really do wish you both a much more restful night tonight! Sweet dreams!
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up Holli! Hope the sleep has continued! I know that after this whole process works you'll be thankful to have sleepless nights!!! :)
ReplyDelete