Monday, April 12, 2010

While We Wait

The other day, we received some encouraging news about our remaining embryos. While we did a "Day 3" transfer of the 2 they graded the "Best of the Bunch," they continued to watch the others grow and develop.

At Day 6, we learned that one of our little guys (or girls) was still fighting and healthy! So, we now have what may some day (hopefully) be a sibling for our little ones currently getting all snuggled in.

From what I understand - meaning, from what I've spent way too much time reading about - about 1/3 of fertilized eggs are genetically capable of making it to this stage. (Or, the way I see it, only a select few are "meant to be.") The others will stop growing and/or dividing due to natural causes.

So, let's hope that of our 9 original eggs, our 2 little Longs, plus our 1 waiting "on ice," are those special ones!


Less than a week to wait...

8 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news, hope the little guy on ice is perfect & ready for when you need a sibling for baby #1:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, Holli! Continuing to think of all of you daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, Holls, I can't get enough of your life right now. I think about you all the time! Love the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great news!!! YAY for your third little bean!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks so much for following our story. Glad beyond words it's helped you in some way. Praying for you and your husband as you wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you both right now. Hoping for good news soon!

    ReplyDelete

Live Today