Well, the 6 I was hoping for...I was close. Just flip that number upside down!
We got 9 mature eggs! We were thrilled!
Our 9 eggs as represented here by dark chocolate Easter eggs. I'm sure they look very similar. :)
Also, this morning, we received the call from our clinic with the fertilization report. I do not think I slept for more than an hour at a time last night. I kept dreaming that we got "the call" and then waking up and thinking...and thinking...and going to the bathroom...and thinking.
Well, the call came at 8:15 AM this morning. Of our 9 mature eggs, 7 of them fertilized naturally! I could not be happier!
I know we still have many bridges to cross. But, we are letting ourselves find joy in the fact that there are now little Longs hard at work growing and developing! This might be the first time this has ever happened! We are so thrilled!
Thank you all for the love and support...it has been such a blessing!
Some before and after pictures...
All ready for the harvest...and the "good stuff"...aka, the anesthesia. :)
I was surprisingly alert, and apparently pretty talkative, following the procedure.



That is great news..I knew there would be more than 2 eggs!! I am so excited for you!!!
ReplyDelete7 little Longs! Congrats Mama Holli & Daddy Scott! Hoping & praying for miraculous implantation next. How many at a time? And when?
ReplyDeleteYeah - those little Longs are on every prayer list I have around the house so I don't miss a day praying for them, and their wonderful parents!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYIPPPPPPPEEEEE!!! Umm...SEVEN!!! How awesome! I'm already buying baby clothes...at this rate..you'll need blue AND pink so I can't go wrong! :0 Seriously...praying hard for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOH..and the concert we went to last night was all about faith and hope... the hope we recieve in the fact that God has given us new life through Jesus' death on the cross..thought about you guys so often during that! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations...7 is a fantastic number!!! Praying everything continues to go smoothly:)
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome news!!! I will continue to pray that everything continues to go so well for you!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!! That is such a great number, and such an awesome fertilization rate!!! Congrats...can't wait to continue to follow along!!
ReplyDelete