Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Sources of Calm

While we now must sit and wait, I find myself looking toward some sources of serenity. The following are some of the thoughts that bring me peace during this time.

1.) My "Happy Place"

This image (not mine) is of a small chapel at Callaway Gardens in Georgia. Our church youth group would make a yearly trip to the gardens, and we were lucky enough to go as counselors each year. A long and winding bike ride through the woods will lead you to this beautiful chapel. On many days, an organist plays from inside the chapel and the amazing hymns can be heard echoing throughout the park. Truly serene and awe inspiring...


2.) A favorite quote:


"When we've done everything we can, God does everything we can't."


3. Sunset on the day our little embryos were created.


Another of God's beautiful creations.

4. Yoga


Child's Pose has become a part of my daily routine. I am a big fan of yoga, though lately I'm definitely doing only the more gentle poses. I think I could sleep in child's pose. :)



5. Music


I am very comforted by music - hence, the tunes on the blog. Call me a dork, but I had the Hubs set me up with some headphones and an Ipod as part of my "bed rest" kit. I've been playing some favorites both for me, and for our little embryos. So far, we've listened to some Chris Botti, Allison Krause, and some hymns as performed by Chet Atkins. Hopefully the soothing sounds will be inviting. I want them as comfy as possible!



6. My Garden


My herb garden from last year has already started to come back! This weekend, we plan to start a larger, raised garden with lots of vegetables. We thought it might be appropriate to be planting and growing and being fertile this weekend. :)

7. Faith, Family, & Friends


I am humbled and overwhelmed by the support we have received. If there is no other reason for us to have to go through this journey...I have never felt God's love more in my life.


Images: www.panoramio.com/photo/13195315, jan.ucc.nau.edu, irvmusic.com, awhymsicalgift.com












3 comments:

  1. Glad you are relaxing and letting those embies snuggle in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful things to be focusing on while your little one is snuggling in for the long haul! You are in a fantastic place emotionally, which is wonderful for you & baby, stay focused on the positive & remember that God will take care of you through this all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to focus on the positives, they will totally get you through this wait. I'm hoping SO hard those embabies are snuggling away!! Stay strong, thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Live Today