
Of our 7 that fertilized, 6 made it to Day II embryos, and four of them were right on track - one was an overachiever (too many cells - 12) and one slow poke (only 4 cells).
Our embryologist came in and talked to us before our transfer, and said these two beauties had the highest score of the bunch. Both have 7 cells (which they look for 6 to 8 cells at this stage) and they are a "Grade 1" and a "Grade 2." Our clinic grades them on a scale with "Grade 1" being the best. He said the pregnancy rates with Grades 1 and 2 are about the same, so that's great!
As for our other little embryos, they will continue to watch them grow over the next two days. If they are still growing, then they will freeze them for a future attempt! How exciting!
During the transfer, the Hubs was definitely a trooper, as I think I have never squeezed his had so hard. (Having a VERY full bladder while being pushed and prodded from many angles is not exactly comfortable.) Actually, it was pretty painful, especially as you are trying so hard to "relax" for a soft landing! But, we survived.
This picture was taken only after I was able to use the restroom. Otherwise, you would still see the tears in my eyes. And yes, there were definitely tears following the procedure. I told my Hubs that they were a combination of joy and pain...but mostly joy. :)



GREAT news, Holli!!! I'm so happy for all of you!! :)
ReplyDeleteI've been watching for this update! Wow! This means there are two little embryos inside you and looking for a place to implant...right now, right? I am going to be a blog stalker for the next few days hoping for more good news! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news!!! Isn't it crazy that you are pregnant right now!! Snuggle in embies!!
ReplyDeleteOH HOW AWESOME!!!! I am so happy that you have made it to this point with no problem!! I am praying desprately that they are snuggling in real good!
ReplyDeleteawesome...awesome!!! SO very excited for you guys! How long do you have to wait for more good news?! :)
ReplyDeleteOmigosh...I'm SO excited for you!!! Two perfect little embabies, love it!! Crossing everything they snuggle away for the next couple of days. Thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteGirl!!!! I JUST saw your blog!!!!! I'm so excited for you-- and praying for BIG returns!! :)
ReplyDeleteI too have been stalking and waiting for this update, can't wait for more updates! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSO EXCITED FOR YOU BOTH!! Can't wait for more updates! I hope you are resting and feeling well! Sending you a GIANT hug right now...but not too tight for your embryos. :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you all so much for the encouraging words. My heart is full. :)
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know that Eddie and I are so excited for you and Scott. We also know that it will be one of the luckiest kids to have you and Scott as parents. I definitely know that it is hard to wait on God's time but it is perfect and this will be perfect. We miss you both so much (especially during race week when we have so much fun together) and can't wait to see you. Love ya. Terry & Eddie
ReplyDeleteYour embryos are beautiful!!
ReplyDelete