Thursday, May 6, 2010

Twinkies!

What an incredible day! We had our first ultrasound today. I have been so looking forward to this day! I will admit I was a little nervous, but mostly just so excited at the possibility of hearing a heartbeat.

The appointment started off on a good note when our nurse/coordinator called us back from the waiting room. She had a big smile on her face and said, "Well, you look pregnant, hun!" She said she's been working with pregnant women for 30 years, and she can always tell. I told her that was maybe the best compliment ever.

We were escorted back into the ultrasound room, and another nurse, "Nurse J," went over our meds, stats, and due date...Dec. 24th! Not only is this date special because it is Christmas Eve, but it is also my birthday! Definitely a Christmas miracle and a birthday blessing all in one. We can't ask for more than that!

She then explained to us that she and Dr. S would look at the screen first, measure what they needed to, and then share what they saw with us. In other words, "We want to make sure there is something there before we show you the screen." I got a little nervous at this point, but I can definitely understand why they would want to do that.

Well, my fears were quickly put to rest, because right away a huge smile came across Nurse J's face. Dr. S started saying things like, "Perfect," "Beautiful," "That's right where we want to see it." Then, I'm pretty sure I heard Nurse J say, "Oh, that one looks even bigger!"

As they are "Ohhing" and "Ahhing," the doplar comes on and all the sudden we heard the most wonderful sound. We heard our baby's heart beat for the first time ever! Apparently, I gasped so loudly at hearing it that I took most of the air out of the room. :)

Then, about a minute later, the static noise comes back on. At this point, we're beginning to think it, but not quite believing it. But, sure enough, que the sound of a second heartbeat!!!
We are having twins!!! Oh my. :)


We then got to see the images of our beautiful little babies all snuggled away. We could even see the flicker of their hearts beating! Wow.

The pictures are not nearly as clear as what we could see on the monitor, and they are each only about 1 cm in length at this point, but, of course, I have to post their 7 week pics. :)

Introducing Baby A...
...and Baby B!!!!

Baby A (though almost impossible to see in this picture) is 9.1 mm in length with a heartbeat of 136 bpm, and Baby B is 9.0 mm and 135 bpm.

We are so thankful for this amazing blessing. God has graced us with such a wonderful miracle(s)!

(Update:  You can check out what "Baby A" and "Baby B" are up to today at Full Hands, Full Hearts.)


Full Hand full Heart

14 comments:

  1. TWINS...YAY!!! I'm so excited for you, and have been wondering about your first u/s!! Congrats to you and hubby and your beatiful little babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! Twins...how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww YAY!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Twins!! Congratulations! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing news - and Christmas babies! I'm so glad for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Holli and Scott! Sooooo excited for you and now I can hardly wait to meet them! That was Molly's due date too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! What amazing news, so happy for you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm (or should I say we) are sooooo excited for you. Definitely the example of getting what you pray for...blessed far more that we can think or see (awesome faith). December babies are awesome. Maegan was born on December 27th and if your babies are anything like her, you'll never stop smiling. Can't wait to see you both, to hold them, smell them and love on them. You definitely get the HHS Band Baby(ies) award!!! Love ALL of You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holli and Scott!!! Wow! Sooooo exciting :-) Praising God and smiling ear to ear right now. Thank you for sharing this awesome news. And due on your birthday. So special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoohooo!!!! I'm still smiling everytime I think about this! God is so incredible and i LOVE to see examples of how his timing is so much more incredible than we could ever imaginen. We have SO got to plan a road trip this summer to come see you guys!!!! I need to see that baby bump! 'Cause with two-it'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can spell.. "Imagine" but just can't type fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much! I'm in tears (again) reading all of your loving and wonderful comments. Yes, God is so good, and has such a beautiful sense of timing. The wait is proving to be so worth it...and we've only just begun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOOHOO!!! Great news-congrats on the BABIES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations and Happy Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Live Today