Saturday, May 22, 2010

9 Weeks and Growing

Well, it's been a few weeks. Sorry for the absence. My usual blog time has turned into my nap time. :) I can't complain though. Nine weeks in and my only real issue is fatigue. I keep telling my husband that it's exhausting growing 40 fingers and toes.

We had our second ultrasound on Friday. Both babies are growing and measuring right on track. God continues to answer our prayers!


Baby A is measuring at 2.1 cm (8w5d). The doctor thought that the slightly smaller measurement was due to the fact that he/she was curled up in "fetal" position. We did get to see a little arm wave hello, though! Baby A's heartbeat was 174 bpm. We were able to hear it again...such a wonderful sound. The little circle at the top right is the yolk sac...kind of neat to be able to see!


Baby B is a bit of an overachiever and measuring at 2.4 cm (9w1d). According to the doctor, this is our little "beef cake." I love it! Baby B's heartbeat was 180 bpm.

My initial feeling is that Baby A is a girl and Baby B is a boy. Not real sure why, just a hunch. I did have a dream recently where we had one of each (the first being a girl which would match my suspicions based on their location). However, they both had little puppy ears and looked more like our dog than either one of us. So, I'm not necessarily putting too much faith into that one.

Gotta love the odd dreams. :)

We're still absorbing the shock of two little fries on the way, and we couldn't be more thrilled! We realized yesterday on our way home from the ultrasound that we could potenitally be 1/4 of the way through this pregnancy already! Twins typically come closer to 36 weeks (or earlier) than 40! Wow, do we have a lot to do! I did buy my first few bags of diapers the other day, though that hardly make us ready. :)

Let the planning begin...

4 comments:

  1. I was totally amazed how sleepy pregnancy made me.. and the dreams only get stranger. Yeah though.>I love your updates! I'm so excited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are going well! Can't wait to find out the genders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, isn't amazing to watch their progress so early. I can't belive how much they change in a couple of weeks!! Super excited for you to find out the sex!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing 20 fingers and 20 toes!! CRAZY! So excited everything looks great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Live Today