Next, adoption.
In a nutshell, I'm ready...or nearly ready, are you ever "ready?"...to dive into adoption, but the Hubs is not quite there yet. He's open to the idea and we've been to two general information meetings. Actually, I'm pretty sure we've found the agency we want to go through. I have a packet of papers to fill out sitting in a file folder.
But I cannot send those papers in for the first step until I know we are both "ready."
The agency doesn't recommend going through medical treatments and pursing adoption concurrently. I can definitely understand that. Talk about an emotional roller coaster. What we can do is fill out some preliminary paperwork, set up an initial meeting with a counselor, and attend an Adoption 101 class. After that point, they want you to be completely focused on the adoption process...and I totally agree.
I want to go though those initial steps, though. I think we should fully consider adoption before it would potentially be our "last" option. I don't want to choose it out of desperation.
I realize adoption is not a simple process, and it is not for everyone...then again, neither is IVF.
Another reason I want to continue putting our toes in the water with regards to adoption is somewhat selfish. The more I learn about adoption and the more comfortable I begin to feel, the less stressed I start to feel about IVF. In other words, I'm beginning to see that it is OK if IVF doesn't work. I pray that it does, and it would be a great gift, but I can see that there is hope beyond the process.
Well, really, there is always hope, isn't there?



No comments:
Post a Comment