So this month we're hoping that Friday the 13th is actually a lucky day. That was the day of IUI #2. Everything went well - GREAT numbers for my hubby (hooray!) and the procedure only lasted about 5 minutes this time - as opposed to about an hour and multiple breaks to fill my bladder for better "positioning" the first go-around. And...the timing seemed to be perfect. (In other words, I could feel things happening right as we went in to the exam room.)
Yes, I am one of those "lucky" women who can feel something happening around the time I should be ovulating. I hesitate to say lucky because the sensation is not a nice little "twinge" or "poke." Basically, I have some pretty severe cramps on the left, right, middle, anywhere really, accompanied by a few "stabbing" or "ripping" pains here and there. It's really quite lovely...and it really puts me in the mood to...well, you get the idea. Still, I am excited that so far everything has seemed to go the way it's supposed to this month.
I cannot say that I have any symptoms to this point, though the "lack" of symptoms has been quite refreshing. (I usually have many of the typical pregnancy/PMS symptoms for a week or two...though never a positive test.) Only some crazy dreams - running from pterodactyls and giant snakes...meeting with an old fertility doctor...driving my uncle's car...making yogurt snacks for a former coach's son's school party - and good BBT temperatures - a big post-O jump, elevated for 10 days (so far), and a second "jump" this morning. I test in two days...the day before Thanksgiving...and am cautiously optimistic.
Though I'm not quite ready to find out. I find that I am the most calm and emotionally stable during the two week wait. Does that make me crazy?
I've debated buying an HPT, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I've come to believe that they really don't work, as I have yet to see that second line darken! We'll see, maybe I'll take the plunge so that I know before the phone call. Or maybe I'll just wait and see and hope for a joyful call from the nurse this time around.
Either way, I'm going to try to focus on the good and remember what I have to be thankful for this week. I pray that I am able to remain thankful and hopeful no matter what the outcome...for, with or without a Thanksgiving miracle, I have many blessings in my life for which I am truly grateful.
Yes, I am one of those "lucky" women who can feel something happening around the time I should be ovulating. I hesitate to say lucky because the sensation is not a nice little "twinge" or "poke." Basically, I have some pretty severe cramps on the left, right, middle, anywhere really, accompanied by a few "stabbing" or "ripping" pains here and there. It's really quite lovely...and it really puts me in the mood to...well, you get the idea. Still, I am excited that so far everything has seemed to go the way it's supposed to this month.
I cannot say that I have any symptoms to this point, though the "lack" of symptoms has been quite refreshing. (I usually have many of the typical pregnancy/PMS symptoms for a week or two...though never a positive test.) Only some crazy dreams - running from pterodactyls and giant snakes...meeting with an old fertility doctor...driving my uncle's car...making yogurt snacks for a former coach's son's school party - and good BBT temperatures - a big post-O jump, elevated for 10 days (so far), and a second "jump" this morning. I test in two days...the day before Thanksgiving...and am cautiously optimistic.
Though I'm not quite ready to find out. I find that I am the most calm and emotionally stable during the two week wait. Does that make me crazy?
I've debated buying an HPT, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I've come to believe that they really don't work, as I have yet to see that second line darken! We'll see, maybe I'll take the plunge so that I know before the phone call. Or maybe I'll just wait and see and hope for a joyful call from the nurse this time around.
Either way, I'm going to try to focus on the good and remember what I have to be thankful for this week. I pray that I am able to remain thankful and hopeful no matter what the outcome...for, with or without a Thanksgiving miracle, I have many blessings in my life for which I am truly grateful.



No comments:
Post a Comment