Today starts the first doctor visit for Round #2 of Clomid/IUI. As I mentioned before, last month was our first official trial of "medical intervention." Well, it was our first trial if you do not count about 50 tests for me, 1 test for my husband, and a surgery to confirm/remove endometrial growths...again, that one was my good fortune to go though. :) We (or I) have also spent the last year trying some holistic methods to improve our chances...Acupuncture, Yoga, Nutrition, etc. While we have not been successful yet, I am a big fan of the benefits and peace of mind that come especially with yoga and eating well. I also think there is much to gain from acupuncture, but it also comes with a price tag, and in the land of infertility, money is a big concern. Anyway, I'm not sure how I'm feeling about starting Round #2 yet; I'm still a little disappointed that Round #1 didn't have a more favorable outcome. Nonetheless, I am excited to be getting more information through all the additional testing and monitoring that goes along with the process. We did learn last month that everything "looks" like it should and that I respond well to this type of treatment. So that is encouraging. Maybe we'll have our long desired Christmas announcement yet! Here's to hoping...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yippee!! I just "found" your blog! :) I'm excited to follow it! We just wanted to let you know that you're in our thoughts and prayers. We miss you guys so much! Sorry we didn't make it up during "harvest" (Kevin's still complaining daily about that!). Maybe we can see ya'll (possibly all three:)) soon! We're hoping too....
ReplyDeleteThanks, Gincy! I just started it as a way to record/vent/get the emotions out a bit. :) I've found that I spend more time reading other people's than updating my own! Oh well, that's somewhat therapeutic as well. We miss ya'll too. We were just in Indiana for Scott's reunion last weekend, but Scott only got about an hour on the fields. He was complaining as well. :) Maybe next year when the kids are a bit older you can bring them up for some fun on the farm!
ReplyDelete