Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes

With Thanksgiving, and our due date, quickly approaching, I find myself becoming more and more anxious with each passing day.

We have almost reached the amazing milestone of 36 weeks and we could not be happier. However, I find myself struggling to keep mentally (and physically) strong as each day passes. While I couldn't be more thankful for reaching this point, I am approaching my phyical limit (see picture) and am defintely "ready" to tackle the next milestone and meet these babies!

As I looked back on my posts from the last year, I realized that my struggle to stay strong today is much different that it was just one year ago.

One year ago we received the phone call that our second IUI was negative. It was the day before Thanksgiving. We were heartbroken.

Today, one day before Thanksgiving, we anxiously await the birth of our twin boys. What a joy and a blessing!

I'm still not sure I believe it, even as they kick and roll inside my belly, as I can barely walk due to the huge weight, and as we've made it through almost 9 months of preparation. After nearly four years of waiting to become parents, we are almost there.

We are so close and have come so far...and that reminder is all I need to hold on for a few more days.

1 comment:

  1. You look great!! Can't wait to hear the news that your little men are here!

    ReplyDelete

Live Today