Friday, December 4, 2009

Moving forward...

I am a planner by nature. I need a plan, something to work toward, whether or not I have complete (or any) control in bringing about that plan. So, my husband and I are working on a plan for moving forward.

In light of our last month, I have started on birth control this month to allow a mental/emotional break for us and a physical break for me. Endometriosis can make for a pretty physically painful month.

We've also decided that we are ready to move on to the next step. We are seriously considering IVF this summer. I have read way too many books and spent way, way too much time on the internet researching IVF and Endometriosis. Not to mention, my husband and I have done a great deal of discussing and soul searching (which we are still doing) as we are coming to this decision. We know it offers us the greatest chance for a biological child and are fortunate to live in an area with many reputable clinics.

We are also seriously considering the potential for building a family through adoption and have attended a few general information sessions, but this is a topic for another post.

Unfortunately, our insurance does not cover fertility treatments, so we will be saving our pennies and making some difficult financial decisions. We even joked about selling our house and moving back into an apartment, however, thanks to the lovely housing market, we'd probably end up losing money on that deal! In all seriousness though, we do have some options and some amazingly supportive family members (in more ways than one) for which we are so grateful.

We've already consulted with our current RE regarding moving to IVF and will also meet with a doctor at the SIRM clinic in early January. We are hoping to be ready for IVF emotionally, physically, and financially by late spring/early summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Today